CHISHOLM — The Chisholm City Council has identified its top three priorities for the 2020 Bonding Bill.

At a meeting last Wednesday, the council adopted three resolutions, related to authorize City Administrator Bill Manney to file applications with the Minnesota Management and Budget Office to include the following projects.

—Councilor Tracy Campbell put forth a motion to approve the resolution in support of requesting $8.5 million for construction of a new public safety building to house the city’s police and fire departments. Councilor Jim Varda seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.

Built in 1908, the city’s current fire hall is too small for modern fire fighting vehicles and equipment. There are also a number of health and safety issues with the old building, including lack of handicap accessibility and no second exit for the police department.

—Councilor Adam Lantz made a motion to request $2.4 million for the reconstruction of the city’s ice arena. The motion passed 5-1, as only Councilor April Larson voted in opposition.

—The council also adopted a resolution to request $25,000 — 20 percent of the $825,000 needed for a new building to house the cattle barn and rabbit and poultry barn at the St. Louis County Fairgrounds in Chisholm. If approved, the state and county would pick up the remaining 80 percent of the cost. A motion from Lantz passed 4-2 in a roll call vote, with Larson and Campbell voting in opposition.

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you

Load comments