CHISHOLM — Responding to their third kitchen fire in two weeks, Chisholm firefighters ended up transporting a local person for minor injuries to an area hospital on Wednesday afternoon.

Fire Chief Bob Brown said his department responded to a call at 4:45 pm. In the 400 block of Southwest Fourth Street where the fire was contained to the stovetop.

As a precaution, the occupant of the home was transported to Fairview Range Medical Center in Hibbing to be checked as a precaution for exposure to smoke, Brown said. It was uncertain if the individual had smoke inhalation, which can only be determined by a medical doctor.

Brown stressed caution when cooking, which is one of the top three acts in which fires start in homes.

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you

Load comments